Today more than ever businesses from small business to large corporations are being bombarded with security threats at an alarming rate in today’s digital age. Traditional security providers are focusing on every aspect of business network and protecting network and computer applications. Today’s largest cyber threats and emerging cyber threats are increasingly becoming targeted as the emerging online lifestyle is also increasing. Slowly the line between the private use and business use of computers and networks is blurring, businesses need to begin keeping a watchful eye on their employees activities to ensure that their own systems and networks are not being compromised. Here are ten of the best ways to protect your business and your network from cyber security threats in the digital age:
- Protecting your IT equipment from theft whether its your own employees or from being burglarized. This can simply be done by using anti-theft products for computer security to protect laptop computers when traveling or using a mobile office. It is also recommended the businesses install tracking software on your computers to allow for tracking in case of workplace theft.
- Securing remote access is to begin by carefully evaluating your employees’ need to connect remotely, and only granting access on a per-user basis. It is also recommended that your business provides better security for users who work from home or another static location by implementing caller ID verification or setting callback security. It is also recommended that you have a system to verify user authentication.
- Prevent data theft by using removable devices such as a USB drive also known as a jump drive. You’ll want to ensure that the data is always in a secure location whether it be in a workplace safe or with the individual(s) at all times.
- Protect your workplace for cyber security threats by using encryption. Encryption allows for the conversion of data into a form, called a ciphertext, that cannot be easily understood by unauthorized people. It is essential especially with wireless communications. Encryption is also necessary for any kind of sensitive transaction, such as a credit-card purchase online, or the discussion of a company secret between different departments in the organization.
- Protecting your business or corporate website for security threats.
- Avoid risk when selling your commercially on any auction website such as eBay.
- Controlling unauthorized individuals access to critical business information via internet and network security.
- Preventing business fraud and identity theft will by vigilante with your business network and security protection.
- Remembering as a business its your duty and obligation to comply with the Data Protection Act.
About the Guest Post Author: This is a guest post by jian, who is active blogger and a member in Kumon. She writesvarious articles on technology and on personality development. Her last read article is “how to become a tutor” on Kumon.