This blog post shows you how to remove some types of connections and data on the social networks Facebook and LinkedIn. From tidying up your social network profiles, to deleting / pulling endorsements and recommendations, this blog post acts as a useful guide worthy of bookmarking for later reference.
How to delete / remove a Facebook connection.
The removal of a Facebook friend is straightforward. All you need to do is hover your mouse of the ‘Friends’ box, which is located on top of the person’s cover photo, and then select ‘unfriend’ from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
How to delete / remove / unlink yourself from a Facebook photo.
Sometimes you don’t just need to un-associate yourself with a photo because it is embarrassing, but because it leaves the wrong impression.
- Find the photo which you have been ‘tagged’ in, that you don’t want to be associated with.
- Select ‘Options’ from the menu selections below the image.
- From the drop-down menu select ‘Report/Remove tag.
- Tick ‘I want to untag myself’ and then next select ‘Continue’.
How to remove a LinkedIn endorsement.
Whatever your reason for wanting to delete a LinkedIn endorsement, you can easily do so within a few clicks.
- Browse to your connection’s profile.
- Scroll down to the ‘Skills & Expertise’ section at the bottom of their profile page.
- Hover the mouse over the plus / cross icon for a skill you previously endorsed, which should transform to a ‘minus’ icon with ‘remove endorsement’ next to it.
- Now you can click to remove your endorsement for that skill.
How to remove a LinkedIn recommendation.
Again it is easy enough to remove a recommendation that you have written, and here is how you can delete a LinkedIn recommendation:
- Select ‘Edit Profile’ from the Profile menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your profile, and select the blue pen / pencil icon under ‘recommendations’.
- On the right-hand side select ‘Manage visibility’.
- Select ‘Click here’ at the top next to ‘Looking for recommendations you’ve made?’.
- Now you can either edit or remove a recommendation. When removing, you select ‘edit’ and then ‘Withdraw this recommendation’.
How to remove a LinkedIn connection.
Unfortunately there might come a time when you wish to disassociate yourself with someone on LinkedIn and remove the connection.
- From the ‘Network’ menu select ‘Contacts’.
- On the right-hand side selection ‘Remove Connections’.
- Select the connection(s) you wish to remove, by placing a tick next to their name(s).
- On the right-hand side select ‘Remove Connections’.
- Then finally confirm the removal.
I hope you’ve found this Facebook and LinkedIn ‘How To’ guide useful, and I recommend you bookmark this blog post for future reference.