Have you ever thought if your e-mail client applications get corrupted, then how can you communicate with the other person? Corruption results in inaccessibility. If the e-mail clients cannot be accessed, its result will be all your important communication that you made with the help of various e-mail application remains as it is. You fail to remain in touch with your friends. Suppose, if you use MS-Outlook e-mail application for business communication, then just because of corruption you will face a huge loss. For such data loss situations, various tricks or inbuilt methods can be used. But it is not surety that you will get good results. For better results, it is advised to go for a third party PST recovery software for getting satisfactory Outlook recovery results.
Many times it happens that when you make an effort to open Outlook 2000 in Windows XP based system, your all efforts to open it, simply fails. In fact, you receive an error message that appears to be same as given below:
“Unable to display the folder,[path]Outlook.pst could not be accessed, access denied.”
Data cannot be accessed and you found yourself in a serious problem.
The most probable cause for the above error message is that your Outlook PST file contains error. Because of error, it becomes damaged. When the Outlook PST file gets damaged, Outlook becomes totally unable to read the data and starts throwing unexpected error message.
Below mentioned steps will help you to sort out the error, and to perform PST Recovery:
- Take help of an inbuilt Inbox repair tool. For running Inbox repair tool, first of all close MS-Outlook and perform PST repair. Do a double click on Scanpst.exe file, it will scan the PST file and solve the error.
- If no progress is seen or you are still unable to do work with the PST file, then follow the below steps:
- Execute any disk utility like Scandisk.exe, on the hard disk to ensure the integrity of hard disk.
- If the behaviour is not specific to the location of folder or system on the hard drive, transfer the PST file to some other location on the hard drive.
- Make a new Outlook profile.
- Add the Outlook PST file to new profile.
- Now, open Microsoft Outlook.
However, if you are still unable to open the PST file, then it is better to go for a third party PST recovery software. Such tools have ability to bring lost data from any kind of logical corruption. These tools are quite helpful when to recover your PST data is your primary need. In fact, Outlook Recovery is a good alternative than any other methods.