Database inconsistency and Information Store inconsistency are two major reasons of database corruption in Microsoft Exchange Server. Inconsistency is a state in which the database transactions violate the integrity constraints and make your database unusable. If the information store is inconsistent, its services cannot be started and you can not access EDB (Exchange Server Database) file. It leads to critical data loss and requires Exchange Server recovery.
You may encounter any of the following symptoms if Information Store of your Microsoft Exchange Server database is either inconsistent or damaged:
- You are unable to start the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store service.
- The Information Store service can not be stopped.
- The Exchange clients are unable to send or retrieve any email. The problem persists even if you stop the Information Store service and restart it.
- The Exchange Server Information Store freezes and CPU (Central Processing Unit) usage remains 100%.
- In case you attempt to restore the Microsoft Exchange Server database file from offline backup and then run the Isinteg (Information Store Integrity Check utility), you encounter the underwritten error message and the process fails: “Error 4294966746: JET_errDatabaseInconsistent”
When it happens, the database becomes totally unusable. In order to access your mission-critical data from the EDB file, you are required to find out the root of this behavior and fix it using appropriate Exchange recovery tools.
You may run across this problem of Microsoft Exchange Server due to any of the following reasons:
- The Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store is inconsistent.
- The database is in an inconsistent state.
- Microsoft Exchange Server database is corrupt.
You can try fixing this problem using the below methods:
- Restart the Exchange Server computer. It restarts the Information Store service and fixes inconsistency problems.
- If you manage to start the Information Store service, use Exmerge.exe utility to export user mailbox to PST files.
- Restore EDB file from the most recent and valid backup. It is the best remedy for all Exchange Server database corruption problems.
In case the problem persists even after taking the above steps, Exchange recovery software come for your help to solve Exchange server errors effectively. These programs are capable of performing thorough scan of entire EDB file and extracting all corrupt/inaccessible data from it.
About the Guest Post Author:
Author doing research on Stellar Phoenix Exchange Server recovery software that is the most efficient and trustworthy Exchange recovery solution for properly handling to all EDB file corruption problems. This Exchange database recovery software works well with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5.