Skype is a VoIP and instant messaging service. Some people see it as an ‘internet fad’ still, some people think it is beneath them, some feel stupid asking a colleague if they use skype. I know skype has saved me thousands in the last five years or so. It is worthy of consideration.
How can Skype help you save money and be more productive with just a broadband connection:
- Two users use skype via their P.C.’s and it costs you nothing.
- Ideal for conference calls with other skype users via a broadband connection.
- More secure than many other services for instant messaging.
- Easy to set when your available and see when colleagues are available.
Then you have the nifty features that cost money:
- You can assign telephone numbers from different countries and regions to a skype account.You can have more than one number on one skype account.
- You can have an answer service.
- You can pay for devices to use skype through. E.g. A wireless skype phone for 802.11b networks. Skype on a mobile phone or even a usb phone if you don’t want to use a headset on your laptop or desktop.
- They have calling packages also.
Visit Skype to find out more: www.skype.com
Feel free to ask questions, give recommends or feedback.